Leaside was first settled by John Lea a pioneer farmer who emigrated to Canada from Philadelphia in 1819. In the 1850's, Lea's oldest son William built an eight-sided octagonal shaped house - appropriately named 'Leaside'. This neighbourhood has been called Leaside ever since.
It is in high demand with upper middle income families who value this neighbourhood as an ideal place to raise children. The area has abundance of greenspace and parkland, a great selection of schools and one of Toronto's best shopping districts on Bayview. It is also ideal for a quick drive down Bayview extension to downtown.